Skip to main content

starting to make money online

How many people hear about making money at home writing on the web, either for sites or writing a blog? You hear about people making 6 figures writing online but wonder how. How many times have you tried to navigate through the different ways and sites only to get lost and confused and give up? You hear about people making money from home writing on line but you can’t figure out how, right?

Well, follow my road to online writing and use what I learn to help you make the money you want working from home. My goal is to make 4k per month with my online writing, in addition to what I make from my full time job, selling cruises, also working from home.

It may take a little while and will require some dedication but in the end I’m sure the results will be worth the time and effort.

So, where have I started? So far, there are two sites that I have begun writing for that are starting to make money. Yes, the money isn’t enough to live off of, but it’s money coming in and that is a start.

1. www.ehow.com
This is easy to get started on. Go to their home page, set up an account with them and a pay pal account to earn money. There is a link from their page to set up both accounts.

The articles here are in a “how to” step-by-step format. You can pick anything you want to write about although some topics will create more income then others.

The way you earn on this site is by views to your articles. Advertisers pay money and the money is shared with you. The amounts vary and while they don’t add up to a lot, if you really slam it with articles the money will start to come in. The good news is that articles you write earn long after you have written them.

Check out my profile page for ideas on articles to write. So far, in a little over 6 weeks I’ve made about $24.00. I know, not much but I haven’t written there in a while so the good news is I am making money off work I did before.

Right now the site is having problems with their publishing. I will post here once they seem to be worked out.

My home page is http://www.ehow.com/members/bethking.html?view=3rd

2. www.helium.com
This is another writing site, however, the difference here is they will give you titles that you write in. There are hundreds of titles though so finding something to write shouldn’t be too hard.

They also pay on the revenue from their advertisers like ehow but they also have upfront payments as well. You need to have the pay pal account to get paid but there are more opportunities to make money here.

Once you have a certain number of articles, you earn stars. The stars are based on the number of articles and your ratings, how other people rate your article compared to another in that title. The more stars you have the more money you can make. They will pay for articles written in to topics that have less then 5 written and again, it’s based on the number of stars. So, for one star you earn 0.50 per article up to five stars, $2.50 per article. Five is the highest number of stars. In addition, for every title that you are the first article you earn a bonus of $1.00 so you have the potential to earn $3.50 per article plus revenue from ads. So far, in about 6 weeks I’ve earned about $75.00.

They also have contests where you can earn money and once you have a least one star you can write for their “market place”. This is where publishers send in their assignments and you submit an article for payment. The amounts vary and I’ve seen payments as high as $120.00 per article to as low as $17.00. So far, I submitted two articles and one is still pending. I’ll update here if I get something.

My home page here is http://www.helium.com/users/539579


3. Blogs
This is new so as I progress I will post here and update how I’m doing and what I’m making.

Well, back to my real job-selling cruises!! Please post comments here if you have tried any of the methods posted or have something that worked for you that isn’t listed here.

Comments

  1. I think I will try out and review Helium soon too. It sounds like it will be worth the effort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making money online is fairly easy for anybody when they want to profit from the internet. People are starting to look towards ways on transacting their sales online.

    How to make websites for money

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

update..2 years later!

Okay, so it's been a while. Getting distracted with my "regular" job, selling cruises and just life, I stopped writing. The good news is, when I went back to check my accounts, I had money. It isn't even the amount that is important, it is the fact after more than 1 year of not doing anything, the money is still adding up. Ehow changed everything around and I suppose I missed getting on board so they are done. Helium is still going on but they changed the way they pay out. They no longer pay based on writing/rating stars, but now have assignments. Some are only $1.00 but some are more and of course the ad revenue is still adding up. They still have their contests and this week I won first place, $15.00, so in less than 1 month, not much time I've made nearly $90.00. This does include just over $50.00 of left over revenue. I will continue more here in detail...got to go write some articles, trying to win another contest.

Money, live in poverty or with millions. It's all about where you sit.

Yes, okay so it's been a while since I wrote but during this time I have put into place a lot of methods and ways of making money.  I have analyzed and charted what worked, what didn't.  I have analyzed what those that make money do versus what those that struggle do. I looked at where I was working, in sales, selling cruises and wondered why the top people stayed there and the middle and lower group stayed where they were.  There were some that moved a little up or down but virtually everyone stayed the same. The interesting thing was during slow periods, or even slow years, everyone seems to adjust equally so the lower sales, just sort of spread across the board. It reminded me of taking a class or seminar and when everyone arrives, they pick a seat and stay there, regardless of the fact seats were unassigned.  Each day the students or attendees would come in and go to the seat they first took or at least the same area.  Have you ever had a situation where everyone se