Skip to main content

Money, live in poverty or with millions. It's all about where you sit.

Yes, okay so it's been a while since I wrote but during this time I have put into place a lot of methods and ways of making money.  I have analyzed and charted what worked, what didn't.  I have analyzed what those that make money do versus what those that struggle do.

I looked at where I was working, in sales, selling cruises and wondered why the top people stayed there and the middle and lower group stayed where they were.  There were some that moved a little up or down but virtually everyone stayed the same.

The interesting thing was during slow periods, or even slow years, everyone seems to adjust equally so the lower sales, just sort of spread across the board.

It reminded me of taking a class or seminar and when everyone arrives, they pick a seat and stay there, regardless of the fact seats were unassigned.  Each day the students or attendees would come in and go to the seat they first took or at least the same area. 

Have you ever had a situation where everyone seemed to have some inner level of comfort sitting in a specific area and a few days later someone mixes it up?  I have and I want to say, hey, you don't belong here.  It throws me off, I loose my comfort and focus. 

It's similar with most aspects of life and we don't realize it.  We become comfortable with what we are used to, even if it's not what we want. 

Spend some time thinking about your life and what areas you wish were different.  It can be anything from a new job or wishing your job was a little more flexible, just pick one or two things you wish were different.

Chances are whatever you picked if you are honest with yourself you would see that you accept things as they are.  You may not like it or may wish was different but ask yourself what have you done to change things?

Most people I ask this question reply in frustration asking what can they do?  They can't change things, they aren't the boss or they can't find another job, the job market is tough, they are too old, too young, no degree, degree they have doesn't have jobs.

All of these reasons may be true but just like the seating, find our zone and stay there, we stay with situations that we aren't happy with and by staying in our comfort level, can't see any other options.

Money is the same way.  We find our comfort zone, our view of money and we stay there.  It doesn't matter what we do things stay about the same.  This is why some people can and will always make and have money and others won't.  Even if the ones that have money lose it, they regain it some other way. 

On the other hand look at lottery winners and how often someone wins who has no money to start and they end up losing everything.  Some may say it's bad luck or judgement but that wouldn't account for the consistency of the pattern.

Of course there are exceptions but in general it seems some have the money gene and some don't. 

Based on this idea, how to make money on line is never going to help anyone make money, not significant money, unless they first change their belief.

Can you make money on line?  Yes, you can if you have the belief, the passion and most important, the interest in something other than money.

I will start this series with a challenge to anyone reading this and upcoming posts.  I challenge you to take stock, evaluate where you are right now, financially.  Be as specific as possible and write down what is going on right now.  Are you hiding from bill collectors, are you afraid you will lose your home, are you afraid because you lost your home? 

Is it that you are unhappy at your job and make enough money to get by but never any extra to do what you want, really want?  Does everything you make go to staying above water only with nothing extra?  What would you do with more  money?  How much more would you need or want?  How will life change if you had it?

Once you know where you are you are able to move to the next level.  By identifying your situation clearly and knowing where you want to be will set a path to get there.

I would love to hear feedback and progress as well as questions you may have.  Please post and participate because you never know how your comment could be the aha someone else needs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

starting to make money online

How many people hear about making money at home writing on the web, either for sites or writing a blog? You hear about people making 6 figures writing online but wonder how. How many times have you tried to navigate through the different ways and sites only to get lost and confused and give up? You hear about people making money from home writing on line but you can’t figure out how, right? Well, follow my road to online writing and use what I learn to help you make the money you want working from home. My goal is to make 4k per month with my online writing, in addition to what I make from my full time job, selling cruises, also working from home. It may take a little while and will require some dedication but in the end I’m sure the results will be worth the time and effort. So, where have I started? So far, there are two sites that I have begun writing for that are starting to make money. Yes, the money isn’t enough to live off of, but it’s money coming in and that is a start.

update..2 years later!

Okay, so it's been a while. Getting distracted with my "regular" job, selling cruises and just life, I stopped writing. The good news is, when I went back to check my accounts, I had money. It isn't even the amount that is important, it is the fact after more than 1 year of not doing anything, the money is still adding up. Ehow changed everything around and I suppose I missed getting on board so they are done. Helium is still going on but they changed the way they pay out. They no longer pay based on writing/rating stars, but now have assignments. Some are only $1.00 but some are more and of course the ad revenue is still adding up. They still have their contests and this week I won first place, $15.00, so in less than 1 month, not much time I've made nearly $90.00. This does include just over $50.00 of left over revenue. I will continue more here in detail...got to go write some articles, trying to win another contest.